Tuesday 23 April 2013

To Boston With Love


I was having my usual coffee and toast for breakfast this morning, perusing my favourite blogs, when I came upon Rita’s blog and her show of support for the victims of the recent (and horrific) Boston bombings.

tBwL.socmedlogo.big

‘It would be nice to contribute to that collaboration” I thought to myself.  “Shame I’ve got so much to do today”.  And so a thought was as far as I got.

The day progressed as planned.  Children fed, dressed and ready for our shopping excursion.  Catch up with a dear friend and her beautiful brood for lunch.  

Then something happened.  My youngest was playing happily on the café play equipment when another child walked over to her, clinched his fist, pulled his arm back, then followed through with a punch to her dear face.
 
On our drive home, my thoughts turned to Boston.  I was absolutely horrified by the “misdemeanor” applied to my daughter at the café - so clearly I can only begin to imagine what the families of the victims, and the victims themselves, of the Boston bombings must be going through?

I decided on my drive home that I would MAKE the time to create a flag to show my support.  I may live in one of the most isolated cities in the world, but we can still show that we care even from here.

So, I looked up the specifications and step by step flag making instructions here


colour palette

Picked my fabrics according to the suggested colour pallet and came up with this ...

Front of Flag

I went with green and gold to lend a little of our Aussie bravado “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi,Oi” 

Back of Flag


... and a hug “O” and kiss “X” design to send love from our family.

Sorry for the grainy photos

If you have a sewing machine and you want to send a positive message to the residents of Boston, then this is a fantastic way to do so.

'XO'

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...