Tuesday 28 January 2014

Deer Pillow for Kindy

Here she is ... basking in the sunshine of a 3D pinwheel block.

Deer FPP Block from Kristy of Quiet Play
I'm slightly excited about these 3D pinwheels (tutorial found here) so you may see a few more of these little delights popping up on this blog.


Big girl's school can be exciting, full of adventure and all that is new ... but it can also be a bit scary ... especially for "us" Mums handing our little ones over for a WHOLE day to, let's face it, a complete stranger.



The pillow is a little, ok - a - lot, overstuffed due to me purchasing the wrong length pillow from Ikea.  But it's polyester filled so it will pad down with use (she says).

Basic Envelope Close Back
May this little deer give my little dear some comfort while she's there and not here (perhaps I should make one for myself too!)


I now declare this deer pillow Sew Given!

Serena xx

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts

21 comments:

  1. this is just the cutest little pillow. Love the 3D pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 3D pinwheel is fabulous! I kind of want to make a thousand of them. Can you imagine tucking yourself up under a 3D quilt?
    So how was day 1? Did you survive without your little one? Any tears?
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a sweet little paper piecing pattern! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! I love it. The pin wheel is a brilliant touch - go on make another, for a matching set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinking cute! I love the pinwheels! Don't' they add a special touch? Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest pillow!! The deer is so sweet and the 3d pinwheel is a great addition. I hope your daughter enjoys her first day of big school,

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! those pinwheels do look fun to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks awesome! I've never seen 3d pinwheels before. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I freakin love this!!! And I think I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so awesome! Gosh it's adorable - I NEED to make one! and that 3d pinwheel is perfect - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable pillow. That pinwheel is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's adorable, and for sure a little piece of home with love Grace will have with her at school xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ridiculously cute!! Love the fabrics. And 3D is cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute!!! she turned out great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweetest little deer ~ love the fabrics you've used and that pinwheel is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...