Wednesday 11 June 2014

Possum Magic

Hello Possums,

Indecision is my forte ... my husband knows this well.  If he asks me to choose between two things I always say "both".  Trust me, it maybe a more expensive route - but it's definitely the quickest!


So how does one choose between a zillion fabulous designs and ideas out there to be the epicentre of what is sure to be an amazing quilt?



As time is not on my side I used Eeny-Meeny-Miny-Mo ... {rocket science does not live here}... but paper piecing does!  It just so happens that my PP mojo has decided to come home!  I didn't waste time asking it where it had been, or who it had been with - I just cleaned it up and set it to work.




Ah, yes, it's like it never left ...




Pattern used is this one - seriously, the pattern is pure genius.
Block size is 12" square
Fabrics used for Geese are scraps of AMH and background fabric is Timeless Treasures, Rain Basics, Mist colourway.

This block is off to Carla to work her 'magic' on the first border - exciting!!! 

I've added a tab at the top of my page to track our Possum Magic Quilts so you, and I, can watch them grow on their year long adventure.

Serena x

Linking up with:
Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

27 comments:

  1. I love this block, I once had to draw up a pattern for this because I couldn't find one online, still one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you captured a few rainbows in that last picture!!! I've seen this block a number of ways (and done it a few times myself!) But I always love it best as a rainbow. :D Lovely start to your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! This block is on my must make someday list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will make a great center for you quilt. And I love the AMH and Tula Pink fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love it- and i think you might have raided my stash for those fabrics, as they all seem very familiar to me ;-) gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just moved this block to the top of my soon-to-be-WIP list!!! wooh-ha!
    Thanks so much !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background and every single print. That looks gorgeous!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love this block but I really love how your choice of background fabric works. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great block! I have this on my to-do list. I love the fabric and colours you've used as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good Serena. The centres are all so different. This round robin is going to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have used that pattern for a cushion for a friend. She asked for red and black. It will be fun to play with it in these lovely cheerful colours. Right. Thinking hat on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great start! It will be so fun to track these quilts as the year goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, wow wow wow!!! just gorgeous!!!
    xx!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Serena! I love your blog. Simple design, lovely fabrics...I have always wanted to make this flying gees block and your block made me want to make it even more!! Glad to find you! Love from Hug-a-Bit Quilts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! One of these days I am going to try this block.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this pattern. I loved it. I am going to make some squares my self!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thinking that once I start my next AMH fabric project I'm going to have to hang onto the scraps until I get this -- I will need a lot for the last border!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks great, what a great inspiration piece for the travelling quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an enjoyable post, Serena. A little about you and your mojo. Your personality is as beautiful as that perfectly pieced block. Looking forward to more posts about the possum magic tour!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made this as part of the craftsy 2012 BOM and ended up with one quandrant flying the wrong way - I still like it. Really like your background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have just found your blog Serena and I love it. I really enjoy your sense of humour. Great to see more antipodean quilting bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great center of what will be no doubt a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...